Erich, Me, Erin, Brian, Dad, Mom, Lacey, RileyIf you want to see the pictures better, just click on them.

Erich and I flew into Seattle, Washington on Sunday and boarded the boat. We were fed very well and had a lot of fun. We got to know Brian better and hang out with Erin, Lacey and Riley some more. We went to lots of shows on the boat, dance lessons, made it to the gym once, the buffet about 8 times, lots of trivia - which I am terrible at.
One of the excursions, in Ketchikan, was on was a fishing trip.
When we were in Juneau, we went on was a helicopter ride out to a glacier. We flew around the glacier for a little while and saw some amazing views. Then we landed on the glacier and they gave us ice picks! We trekked around the glacier for about an hour and the water melting out of them was so clean we could drink it. It tasted better than any bottled water you've ever had. I liked the helicopter ride so much, I thought maybe I should look into flying lessons!When we were in Skagway, the girls took a private car ride out to some beautiful scenic view while the boys went fishing again. The car was an old Cadillac and people were actually stopping to take pictures of us, one guy even said "hey look the Dixie Chicks" as we got out of the car. The boys didn't have a ton of luck fishing but they did get to see a bear thrash around and eat salmon. (yes the bear is wearing a collar - we are not at the zoo - that is how they track them)

The last day, in Victoria, Canada, we went to a botanical garden and a winery. Everything was beautiful.
The weather was amazing. I couldn't believe how hot it was up there. Granted we were dressed in jeans and long sleeved shirts most of the time, we were hot. Much too warm for the picture in my head of Alaska and Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment