I'm so excited that April 15th has passed!!! Now I can start working "regular" hours and get a little bit of my life back. Today I even left at 5!!! I got home and had a good 2.5 hours of sunlight. I did have to do a few hours of work later tonight, but I got to see the sun, so it was worth it. Erich is in Altoona, PA this week, which is ironically where we got Bella.
Today I discovered a great thing. I need to start bike riding to get ready for my MS Bike Ride in a few months (PS If you haven't donated, I still need about $200 so PLEASE help me out, and if you have donated - Steve, Erin & Brian, Nathan & Meredith, Heather - THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!), but every time I get home I feel guilty that I haven't taken the dogs for a walk so.... today, when I got home I took the dogs (one at a time) for a bike ride. I just had them run along beside me as I peddled up and down the street. They were exhausted and I got some bike time. Two birds...one stone....excellent. I might have to try this over and over and over. it has been so quiet around my house tonight. Hehe. Cinnie is definitely easier to go with than Bella, she just runs next to me and doesn't care about anything. Bella keeps trying to run in front of the bike and every time she sees another dog she starts pulling me on the bike. Must work on this.
The past couple of weekends Erich and I have been working on our yard. Boy, home ownership is great (sarcasm)! They say it is a good investment, but only if you live in it a long time. With all the transactions costs, maintenance and improvements, this house is eating us out of house and home! But after two hard weekends and a thousand dollars later we have the front flower beds looking good, grass seed layed in the back yard and an organic garden. (well actually a tomato plant, a strawberry plant and a pepper plant but we are city folks with not much sun in our yard) I will try to take a few pictures soon.
Most importantly - my birthday is on saturday!!!! I will be 27, Yikes! Only 3 glory years left. Then I will have to pretend to grow up. I will never actually grow up or stop sleeping with my diapies. I was pretty much content at 23 and 24, and ready to stop at 25 so what can I say. Maybe I should start back at 18 and grow up again?! Mommy and Daddy are coming to visit me. I have a few good restaurants picked out, but not much else planned. We are going to go to Old Ebbit Grill which I have been told is excellent, but I have never made it there, yet, which is why I picked it for my birthday dinner.
And to think, I wanted a girl…..
12 years ago
Old Ebbit is good. You should enjoy that.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Home ownership is a scam and just creates more work than people tell you.