Let's see where to start!
Christmas & New Years -
We went to Texas and had an amazing time. This is what has really been holding up my blogging. We did so much in the two and a half weeks we were there that I never got around to putting it all down, and then I didn't want to go out of order so I haven't written anything in almost two months!
We were very lucky that our flights out of DC worked the way they did or we would have gotten stuck here in a monster snow storm. I left at the beginning of the week, and then Erich flew in from Wyoming, where he was for the week for his job. Otherwise we would have been leaving that Saturday the 17th and all flights in and out were canceled for days!
It has been awhile so I will just include a few of the high points from the visit.
One thing that was very different this year is that we didn't get a Christmas tree. Growing up we always got the tree the day after Thanksgiving if possible, so we could enjoy it for a long time. Lately though my parents have been waiting until all of us kids get in town, so we can go pick it out together, and we have found a few days before Christmas they are extremely cheap! This year we got in town, but never had a good day to go, then all the sudden it was Christmas and we didn't have a tree!!! I don't think this is a tradition I want to continue, but it was definitely different.
We got to get together with everyone and enjoy great food as always, we watched two great cowboy games, Erich and the guys cooked two or three big fish and steak dinners and there was lots of 42 playing (domino game for those of you not in my family). My uncle Brent, cousin Kristyn, cousin Travis and I also started playing "words with friends" a scabble game for the iphone. It has been a great joy for me because its a great break from work, and it is keeping my mind stimulated while integrating family time and competition. What could be better? I'm just waiting now for my dad to get an iphone so he can join too!
We stayed busy while we were in town, I got to see my friends from college, went to the shooting range with Jace, dad, Erich and mom, went to several movies, had a girls day, went bowling two times, dad and I made cinnamon rolls, went to Grandma's house, experienced a Christmas Eve snowstorm in Dallas for the first time in my life, and shopped till I dropped, several times.
I will leave it at that and here are a few pictures:
And to think, I wanted a girl…..
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment