For the Thanksgiving week Erich and I drove down to Myrtle Beach to be with Erich's family. Thanks to his wonderful ability to work from home we were able to leave Tuesday and miss most of the traffic. There was still a little hold up on 95 south, but that's pretty much all day everyday.
Tuesday night we went to Bone Fish with Erich's sister Ashley and her husband Greg. We love getting to see them and had a great dinner. Bone Fish is now one of my favorite restaurants and I can't wait to go back. Wednesday we got some of the food ready for Thanksgiving. I went to the grocery store and got Blue Bell ice cream, which is not available in Virginia, and got things to make a sweet potato casserole, banana pudding, and the turkey brine. Erich's Grandmother invited all of us over for a dinner at her house that night. She made us Pasties! which is UP (upper peninsula of Michigan) thing that we don't get to enjoy too often. She did give me the recipe, but I have been lazy and only made them one time. We had a wonderful time and went home to recoup before Thanksgiving Day.
The big event was a great day. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore, and then ate some more. Turkey, dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, bread, green molded salad, deviled eggs, pumpkin type pie.....the works. We finished the afternoon off with a hilarious ornament exchange. My ornament is "the Leg Lamp" from A Christmas Story, and it actually lights up and talks!
Friday- Black Friday was of course filled with shopping. Although we quickly realized that we didn't need to buy anything. Hmmm. Friday night Erich's sister Ashley's in-laws invited us over for an oyster roast. They are great entertainers and we had a wonderful night with food, drinks, friends and family.
And I have a new favorite hobby. I got this great chair, some America bowls, and a storage box for the living room for under $150. I bargained for everything and it was great.
We also went to Gilligan's and had a fabulous lunch.
After all this excitement it was time to head home. We left at 7pm and got home at 2am, which turned out to be a blessing because again, we had no traffic. I heard 95N was at a crawl of 10mph on Sunday afternoon. Well home again home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment